Monday, December 21, 2009

Shoe process:

Okay, I got the pictures back on my computer of the shoe-making process.  Here it is:

I found this shoe pattern on Cake Central.  Without this the process would have taken a lot longer!

Cutting out the sole of the shoe.

The sole on the drying support.  I think the support should have a been a little bit bigger, and a little bit easier to understand how to fold.

The heel added.  The heel was hard to do.  It kept sinking, as evidenced here:

See, the heel sank and the back of the shoe dropped.  I stuffed plastic wrap under it to try to build it up but it didn't help.  I ended up adding more to the bottom of the heel to hold it up, and then taking it off after it dried.  Oh, I and forgot to take a picture cutting out the top of the shoe.

I also forgot to take a picture of cutting out the lining of the shoe.  I've got to start remembering this stuff!  Anyway, I printed out a picture of zebra stripes to look at, and then I sketched the stripes on the dried shoe with a pencil.  The stripes were all freehand.  I just had a picture to look at as a guide.

Then I went over the pencil stripes with a black food marker.  So technically the shoe is edible.  The gumpaste is edible, the marker is edible, although the faint pencil marks you probably shouldn't eat.  But it's very brittle, so it wouldn't be good anyway.  This is something to keep.

And then I colored in the stripes, colored the heel, and wrote her name as the shoe brand.

Top view.  I think it turned out awesome.  I want to make more shoes; all different kinds of shoes!

1 comment: