Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dorothy and Toto.

I let the girls vote on which character they wanted me to make last night and they picked Dorothy.  She actually wasn't as hard to make as I had anticipated.


A little dot of brown coloring to make flesh-colored fondant.


The finished flesh...yuck.


Head and torso assembled.


She grew hair very fast!


Dress is on.  I didn't document coloring all the different colors of fondant, because really, if you've seen it once, you've seen it a thousand times.


Yay, she has arms and legs now!  She's really taking shape a lot easier than I thought she would.


Of course, I can't forget the ruby slippers!


A very blurry, unpainted Toto.  Danny figured out why all my pictures were coming out blurry:  there was a smudge on the lens.  I didn't clean it until this morning, so the pictures I took last night are all kind of blurry.  But the ones I do tonight should be better.


Toto with his paint on.  I mentioned the other day to the girls that I was going to paint Toto black instead of coloring fondant black, and they were so kind to inform me that Toto is not black, he's brown.  We watched the movie, and of course, they were right.  Toto is brown. 


Finished Dorothy, Toto, and Tinman.  I accidentally made Dorothy a little bit bigger than the Tinman.  Oops.  Oh well.  I'll put him a little farther back on the cake to make it look like he's in the distance.  Yeah, that'll work. 

Only two characters left.  I'm not sure which one we'll be doing tonight.  The girls will get to decide.  I guess it'll be a surprise to you all in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment