Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Starting the Wizard of Oz...

Since Cammy's birthday party is Sunday, I figured I need to get started on the characters for her cake.  I'm using the pre-made fondant because we're not going to eat the characters, so it doesn't matter what they taste like.  I was going to do them all in white and then paint them, but I thought that would be too meticulous for me, and I figured I wouldn't have to color large amounts of fondant, so I decided to just color the fondant for each one.  I mean, it's not like I'm going to be coloring a whole pound of fondant one color; just little bits at a time. 

So last night I worked on the Tinman and got him finished.  Keep in mind that these are supposed to look cartoonish.  I mean they're essentially being made out of edible play-doh.  It's kind of hard to make them look realistic.


White fondant with black food coloring not yet mixed in.  I have a few stains on my fingers this morning, but nothing like when I did the Twilight cake.


Ack!  He has no arms!  Don't worry, they'll be on there momentarily.


For some reason all the pictures I took of him turned out fuzzy.  I don't know why.  Oh well.  So that's it for this entry.  Not too terribly exciting.  But there really wasn't much work involved with him.  I'm afraid that Dorothy and the Scarecrow are going to be the hardest.  Not looking forward to those.  Another update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment